The Investment of a Lifetime
When you’re looking at the value of the K Experience—individualized curriculum, overseas experiences, and impactful internships or externships—it’s hard to believe it could be so affordable. Let us walk you through it.
We’re here to make sure Kalamazoo College is available to the students who belong here and will help to make our campus a richer community for all of us.
Just take a look at the numbers and you’ll see our commitment to creating an affordable, accessible experience:
- Merit scholarships range between $25,000-$35,000 annually.
- 98% of our students receive some sort of financial aid.
- $44,311: Average need-based financial aid package.
Still unsure? Our Office of Financial Aid can walk you through the ins and outs of our aid packages and show you a path to K.
Academic Year Costs
Tuition and Fees $56,412
Room and Board $11,340
Get Admitted. Get a Scholarship. At the same time.
We consider all applicants (first-year and transfer, domestic and international) for merit-based scholarships. No additional application is required.
- These tuition-specific awards range from $25,000-$35,000/year for up to 4 years (while enrolled full-time, and in satisfactory academic progress).
|Unweighted GPA Ranges||Typical Merit Scholarship Amounts*|
|3.0 – 3.6||$25,000 – $28,000|
|3.6 – 3.8||$28,000 – $31,000|
|3.8 – 4.0+||$31,000 – $35,000|
- Your merit scholarship is determined by your academic achievements: the grades you earned, the challenging courses you have taken — everything that tells us you love to learn.
- You get notified about your admission and scholarship offers at the same time.
- Your merit scholarship can apply to your study abroad or study away experience.
- We do not use your SAT and/or ACT scores to determine the size of your scholarship. (Remember: our admission process is 100% test-optional!)
Please consult the Types of Financial Aid page for additional information on scholarships and grants typically received by Kalamazoo College through the Office of Financial Aid.
Additional Scholarship Programs
Music and Theatre Scholarships (Enlightened Leadership Award)
These competitive, tuition-specific, $20,000 scholarships ($5,000 each year for up to 4 years) are awarded to admitted students who demonstrate significant achievement in music or theatre arts. Recipients participate in ensembles and productions during their time at K, but are not required to major or minor in the arts. Learn more about this scholarship program through our music and theatre scholarships page.
Beginning with the 2015-16 academic year, the nationally renowned scholarship program known as the Kalamazoo Promise extended their program by partnering with Michigan Colleges Alliance (MCA), a consortium of independent, liberal arts-focused colleges. As a member of the MCA, Kalamazoo College may enroll and support Kalamazoo Promise-eligible students according to the terms of the program. Promise-eligible students are not eligible to receive merit scholarship aid from the College in addition to the Promise award; the level of tuition support is dependent on the qualifying years of eligibility under the terms of the Promise. For program details, please review the Kalamazoo Promise website.
National Merit Scholarship
National Merit Finalists who select Kalamazoo College as their first choice are eligible for $1,000 (up to $2,000 if demonstrating financial need). Please consult the National Merit Scholarship Program website for additional information on eligibility and requirements.
K Tradition Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to students who have achieved a high school grade point average of 3.0 or better and who have at least one grandparent, parent, step-parent or legal guardian classified as an alum of Kalamazoo College. The award is $5,000 renewable for a four-year period. The award is open to first-year, transfer, and international applicants.