At Kalamazoo College, the whole world is our campus.
Studying at K can open doors to new experiences for international students: learning and working closely with faculty in your field of interest and perform exciting research; connecting with alumni experts and business leaders to gain work experience; and traveling to other parts of the country and globe. For all K students, the diversity of experiences and perspectives on campus foster academic and personal growth. International students are a pivotal part of what makes our community great, and we can’t wait to welcome you to campus!
Coordinator of International Admission: Roderick Malcolm, Senior Associate Director of Admission
International Students at K…
Make up 8% of our student body
Come from 28 different countries
Talk with us. We’d love to tell you more.
Attend a Virtual Information Session
- No virtual information sessions are currently available. Please e-mail Roderick Malcolm, Director of International Recruitment, to schedule an admission meeting.
- During a virtual information session you can learn about Kalamazoo College’s distinctive K-Plan, ask an admission counselor about the admission and financial aid process and get a current student’s perspective on life at K—from anywhere in the world!
- Complete the Virtual Information Session Registration Form to attend the next event
Schedule an Interview
- We know visiting campus is not always an option for international students, so we are happy to schedule a video or phone interview. Email our Visit Coordinator to set up an interview.
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve gathered the questions we receive most often from international students about applying, financial aid and student life in our International Student FAQ.
Ready to Apply?
|Program||Application Deadline||Notification Letter Mailed||Deposit Due|
|Early Decision||November 1||December 1||January 15|
|Early Action||November 1||December 20||May 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||April 1||May 1|
|Transfer (Fall Admission)*||June 15||June 22||July 1|
*Kalamazoo College also offers a Winter Transfer program (application deadline: November 1, deposit deadline: December 1). Due to the short matriculation period between December 1 and our winter break, international transfer students are strongly encouraged to apply for admission into our Fall quarter instead.
Finance Your Education
Kalamazoo College offers a broad range of financial aid opportunities for international students. Merit-based financial assistance is available to admitted applicants who demonstrate significant academic and co-curricular experiences. Need-based aid is granted to admitted applicants with demonstrated financial need.
Types of Financial Assistance
Global Leadership Scholarship
Kalamazoo College awards a limited number of full-tuition Global Leadership Scholarships (GLS) to incoming first-year international students each year. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and are renewed all four years, based on current cost of attendance.
To be eligible for consideration, students must apply for admission by November 1 under either the Early Decision or Early Action application programs. In addition to submitting the Common App and test scores (if applicable), students must complete an admission interview on or off campus to be eligible for the GLS. Skype interviews are also available.
The Global Leadership Scholarship will be applied toward the cost of tuition. Recipients of the GLS are not eligible for additional merit scholarship from Kalamazoo College; however, they may be eligible for additional need-based aid. International students who would like to be considered for additional need-based aid must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application along with their Common App and all supporting documents by the November 1 application deadline.
Applying for Financial Assistance
To apply for financial assistance, you must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA)
- If you are applying for need-based aid, this form must be submitted with your application for admission before your application can be considered. We strongly encourage you to submit this at your earliest convenience.
- If you already submitted your application for admission, upload your completed ISFAA into your Applicant Status Page or send to our records team.
- International students who do not apply for need-based aid at the time of admission should not expect aid for the duration of their four years at Kalamazoo College.
Admitted international students who demonstrate financial need are eligible for need-based grants from Kalamazoo College. Financial need is assessed by the Office of Financial Aid based on the International Student Financial Aid Application.
Admitted international students who demonstrate financial need are eligible to work on campus. Financial need is assessed by the Office of Financial Aid, based on the International Student Financial Aid Application.
Student Visa Information
Apply for Your Student Visa
Students begin the process of applying for a student visa only AFTER they have been admitted by the institution, deposited, and submitted the Resource Verification Form with supporting materials. The Office of Admission processes documents necessary for your student visa, including your Resource Verification Form.
The Center for International Programs offers the following resources to international students:
- Regular communication with students before arrival on campus
- On-site international student orientation
- Advising on all topics related to your visa status
- For support with I-20’s and other U.S immigration issue please contact ISA@kzoo.edu