At Kalamazoo College, the whole world is our campus.
Studying at K can open doors to new experiences for international students. There is the opportunity to learn and work closely with faculty in your field of interest and perform exciting research; the ability to connect with alumni experts and business leaders and gain work experience; and the opportunity to travel to other parts of the country and globe. For all K students, the diversity of experiences and perspectives on campus foster academic and personal growth. International students are a pivotal part of what makes our community great, and we can’t wait to welcome you to campus! Learn more about K and our K-Plan.
International Students at K…
Make up 8% of our student body
Come from 28 different countries
Talk with us. We’d love to tell you more.
Attend a Virtual Information Session
- We host virtual information session throughout the year for prospective students, their parents and high school counselors.
- During a virtual information session you can learn about Kalamazoo College’s distinctive K-Plan, ask an admission counselor about the admission and financial aid process and get a current student’s perspective on life at K—from anywhere in the world!
- Complete the Virtual Information Session Registration Form to attend the next event
Schedule an Interview
- We know visiting campus is not always an option for international students, so we are happy to schedule a video or phone interview. Email our Visit Coordinator to set up an interview.
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve gathered the questions we receive most often from international students about applying, financial aid and student life in our International Student FAQ.
Ready to Apply?
Your Application Checklist
To apply as an international student, complete the following:
- Common Application
- Verification of English proficiency
- Official secondary school transcript
- International Student Financial Aid Application (available on your Applicant Status page beginning August 2021)
We strongly encourage you to submit your application well before the application deadline to guarantee we can consider you for admission.
|Program||Application Deadline||Notification Letter Mailed||Deposit Due|
|Early Decision||November 1||December 1||January 15|
|Early Action||November 1||December 20||May 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||April 1||May 1|
Finance your Education
Kalamazoo College offers a broad range of financial aid opportunities for international students. Merit-based financial assistance is available to admitted applicants who demonstrate significant academic and co-curricular experiences. Need-based aid is granted to admitted applicants with demonstrated financial need.
NOTE: Admission to Kalamazoo College is highly selective, and the competition for financial aid is more competitive the greater the applicant′s demonstrated financial need.
Tuition and Related Costs
2020-2021 Academic Year:
Tuition & Fees: $52,380
Room & Board: $10,530
Required Health Insurance: $1,439
Types of Financial Assistance
Kalamazoo College offers a broad range of financial assistance to international students including merit-based and need-based awards.
Global Leadership Scholarship
Global Leadership Scholarship
Kalamazoo College awards a limited number of full-tuition Global Leadership Scholarships (GLS) to incoming first-year international students each year. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and are renewed all four years, based on current cost of attendance.
To be eligible for consideration, students must apply for admission by November 1 under either the Early Decision I or Early Action application programs. In addition to submitting the Common App and test scores (if applicable), students must complete an admission interview on or off campus to be eligible for the GLS. Skype interviews are also available.
The Global Leadership Scholarship will be applied toward the cost of tuition. Recipients of the GLS are not eligible for additional merit scholarship from Kalamazoo College; however, they may be eligible for additional need-based aid. International students who would like to be considered for additional need-based aid must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application along with their Common App and all supporting documents by the November 1 application deadline.
Kalamazoo College Scholarships
- Merit Based Scholarship
- All students accepted to Kalamazoo are considered for merit-based scholarships. Awards range between $21,000 and $35,000 annually. Your application for admission acts as your scholarship application. Notification of awards will be mailed in conjunction with the admission decision.
- Enlightened Leadership Award for the Performing Arts
- The Enlightened Leadership Award is a competitive, tuition-specific, $20,000 scholarship ($5,000 each year for up to 4 years) awarded to students who demonstrate significant achievement in music or theatre arts. Recipients must participate in ensembles and productions during their time at K, but are not required to major or minor in the arts.
- K Tradition Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to students who have achieved a high school grade point average of 3.0 or better and who have at least one grandparent, parent, step-parent or legal guardian classified as an alum of Kalamazoo College. The award is $6,500 renewable for a four-year period. The award is open to first-year, transfer and international applicants.
Admitted international students who demonstrate financial need are eligible for need-based grants from Kalamazoo College. Financial need is assessed by the Financial Aid Office based on the information you and your family accurately and truthfully submit on the International Student Financial Aid Application.
Admitted international students who demonstrate financial need are eligible to work on campus. Financial need is assessed by the Financial Aid Office based on the information you and your family accurately and truthfully submit on the International Student Financial Aid Application.
Applying for Financial Assistance
To apply for financial assistance you must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application. This form must be submitted before your application for admission can be considered. Therefore we strongly encourage you to submit this at your earliest convenience.
- International students who do not apply for aid at the time of admission should not expect aid for the duration of their four years at Kalamazoo College.
- Financial aid awards covering the entire cost of attendance are extremely rare and very competitive.
Student Visa Information
Apply for your Student Visa
At Kalamazoo College, students begin the process of applying for a student visa only AFTER they have been admitted by the institution, deposited, and submitted the Resource Verification Form with supporting materials. After you have received your I-20 Form, you may contact the International Student Advisor Alayna.Lewis@kzoo.edu for help in facilitating your arrival.
Center for International Programs
The Center for International Programs offers the following resources to international students
- Processing documents necessary for your student visa
- Regular communication with students before arrival on campus
- On-site international student orientation
- Advising on all topics related to your visa status
- For support with I-20’s and other U.S immigration issue please contact ISA@kzoo.edu
International Student Advisor
Assistant Director, International Programs